Saturday, June 9, 2012

cat attack

the black cat
visits

what can I say...
He is not "mine"
     but I feed him
          anyway

He has that kind of attitude
If he doesn't like what's being served
your feet aren't safe
     he doesn't grab and bite
           very hard
     but you know
He disapproves

I'm sure he learned this
at "his" house
where there are two dogs
     two kids
and nobody pays any attention
     to anything
I'm sure he was hungry
and they were walking past him
and they were reminded
     in no uncertain terms

but when he comes here
he has my undivided attention
and all the petting he can endure

we are friends
     -pals
especially when
he gets his way

-don't disturb him
     when he's sleeping
-don't pet him
     irresponsibility
-buy the expensive
     littlest cans of cat food

and you may be
     rewarded
with a purr
with a nuzzle

What can I say...
-the little ears
-the little face
-the expressive tail

Am I becoming the old woman
     with the cats?!!
at least for now
There is only one-
Only the handsomest,
     most lovely kitty
In the whole entire world

-love is a many splendor ed thing-




No comments:

Post a Comment