Monday, April 8, 2013

Common Cold; notes

4/8/13
1:01 AM!

if the day 
     ever comes, 
When we are 
     allowed to ask 
-really deep questions 
     -and get a straight 
          answer 
One of my first questions will be...

Why germs? 
     Why Viruses and Bacteria?
And why 
     me?
Sneezing and Sniffling 
     and Snorting now 
for days and days 
     not fun/boring!

Goodness knows 
     how much longer 
     this will last 
I have things to do 
Places to go 
I can't Tango 
     and sneeze!

Why did the Gods 
     invent the 
          Common Cold 
(and much worse stuff)

Trapped in these 
     flimsy bodies 
We suffer so 

One night I can sleep 
The next one 
     not 
And I know I am 
     fortunate- 
to only be 
     as sick 
     as I am! 

One day 
     it may be 
much worse 
And then 
     we will
          die...

And through it all 
we are supposed 
     to be 
Upbeat and cheerful 
and accomplish 
     great 
          accomplishments 
          to enhance 
          the collective 
               consciousness 
          of humanity

Oh bother
     where's the kleenex 
     and the vapo-rub
  
I sneeze...

No comments:

Post a Comment