Wednesday, September 25, 2013

the List

sitting in the garden 
     of the Buddhist Temple- 

the sound of water 
     soothing 
the soft clanging of 
     wind chimes 
     in the wind 
The giant pine- 
     dancing branches 
     in the wind 

My Center 
     has been- 
In the wind 
     for days- 

Now KuanYin Statue 
     says- 

Stand on 
     the clouds- 
pour out blessings 
     from your vessel- 

Center 
     and have a 
          soft smile 

On your face 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

This is one of my 
     errands- 

Stopping here 

Put it on My List- 
     Bullet Point! 
     Underline! 

The days flow by- 

I haven't that
     much time 
           left

And I enjoy 
     the center of things 
          -undisturbed- 

A little peaceful garden 
     in a city-large- 
          and getting 
               larger 

-Reminds me 
     that centering, 
          stopping, 
               watching-

looking at a Buddha 
     carved in stone- 

Takes my heart 
     of stone 
And lets it melt- 

Lets it be one 
     with the wind 

I must remember 
     to do this again 

To put it on my 
     List 

On the top 
     of my List...  










No comments:

Post a Comment