Wednesday, October 16, 2013

chocolate sauce...

chocolate sauce 
life needs 
chocolate sauce

too many people 
struggling here 

too many homeless 
too many hungry 
too many stuck 
     in dead end jobs 
     and such 

too many taxes 
too many forms 
too much hassle
too much sorrow 

it's advertised 
as a way out 
it's spoken of 
as the solution... 

this zen 
this sitting
this contemplation 
     of ones 
     navel- 

so simple 
so easy 
     just stop- 
     just sit- 
just allow the thoughts 
to stop thinking themselves... 

(there goes my karma- 
that little spider 
had to die.
It was racing across the desktop- 
straight for me- 
probably not poisonous 
-but one 
never knows)

such a very 
bad Buddhist... 

but 
I've come to the end- 
the end 
of trying to figure out 
the unfathomable- 

(second spider...
What?)

I've come to the end 
of believing in 
somebody else's 
stuff 

my own is 
difficult 
enough

-trying to find a corner 
in a small house 
to put the altar-

I find 
that 
the 
altar 
is in 
the heart! 

besides which 
it's a real "space saving"
idea  

No comments:

Post a Comment