Friday, October 4, 2013

The United States Government-Shut Down

The United States Government 
has 
Shut Down! 

Wouldn't it be 
wonderful 
if 
we could do the 
same... 

Any time the Tax Folks 
bug us 
Any time the Police 
want to 
stop us 
and give us a fine- 

we could just say 
Sorry- 

I'm Shut Down 
Today... 

I've decided 
to just 
go away 
and no amount 
of coaching or cajoling 
will make me 
     see it 
any other way-

I will resist all efforts 
at 
compromise- 
I will 
"stick to my guns"
I will 
"have my fun"

U can't arrest me 
today- 
I can play 
my music 
as loud as I want- 
because the 
United States Government 
     is 
Shut Down 
Today!

And the amazing thing 
     is... 
-Things are going on 
Just about normal 
Just about the way 
It's always 
been... 

So maybe- 
just maybe- 
we don't really need 
all those people 
anyway- 

That big house 
That White House 
-All those overpaid people 
Who sit around 
debating endlessly...

while those of us 
who are more close 
     to real- 
Do what we do 
Do what we've always 
     done

Just work- 
Just love- 
Just- 
Get On With It !!  


No comments:

Post a Comment