Sunday, January 26, 2014

simple things

sometimes
in life
it is good
to be thankful for
the simple things

the gas guy came
the heater works

it is not good to be
standing
negotiating
with a thermostat
begging it to tell the heater
to turn on
cursing at it
pounding on it
-crazy people
do this. . .

while

beginning to shiver
beginning to think
another astronomical bill
will be coming

it is good to have heat

I have begun to believe
in the old saying-
people make plans
     and the Gods
          laugh

I have begun to see
there is a difference between
what I can plan and
what I can want
and
what is

What is-
is the way it is
The way it may be
meant
to
be

My plans are
based upon some ego idea
based upon some past
-some premise

these plans
have no bliss
in them
no inherent presence

the way it is,
however,
is
a part of God's plan
and therefore
full
of presence
and bliss

who knew? 




No comments:

Post a Comment