Monday, March 31, 2014

Disappearing Act

Today at the temple 
The air was clear 
The clouds were high 
Above the Santa Barbara 
Mountains

The breeze was cool 
My mind ran hot 

Just like the old cars 
With their radiators steaming 
On the California mountain roads

Should I or should I not ? 
What will he think 
     And should I care ? 
Can I give up
     Must I not 
Which is 
     What 
Where and 
     How 
and why is it 
Always all 
My fault ?

I will not sit. 
I will merely bow. 
Myself and myself 
     Converse 

But then
I get 
Settled in
And ask for help 
From above 

As if by magic
I am transported to where 
My mind can get 
     Some air . . .
The poor overworked thing 
Allowed to rest 
To expand into 
     Whence it came 
The feeling of 
Relief 
To again visit this 
Realm 

The feeling of 
Joy
Indescribable 

I give thanks 
I have found 
     This place 
This place inside 
Where I can go 
To disappear. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment