Monday, March 24, 2014

Tax Tyme

Can I write this off
This coffee
This latte? 
If I sit here 
And think about 
The irs ?

If I consider 
If I contemplate 
Which line goes where 
And to what do I add 
And or subtract 
What?

What percentage of 
Whom do I declare-
I declare
I want 
Out of here 

I love this country
Love this place
But when it comes to 
April
Every year 
We hear 
Wailing 
And  gnashing  
Of teeth!

And I again contemplate ...
They know more about me 
Than I do -
Just take what you take -
- leave me alone -

Don't even let me know -
I'll just try 
To live on the rest -
Whatever you choose 
To leave me with -
After all the people get
All the stuff for free
Not me-!
I always fall 
Just between 
The cracks 

Barely enough money 
To eat,
Much-
But just enough
Not to qualify

For anything
What-so-ever 
Ever!

It's always been 
Like that 

All my life -
I know people 
Who qualify
For everything -

God bless 'em 
God bless us all-
Everyone

They never have to work 
Another day 
They have found 
A way
Am I just 
Too honest 
Too straight forward
Or too 
Stubborn?

What is up 
With this crazy country ?
I can't write off 
A latte ...

No comments:

Post a Comment