Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Angst

Life and death and 
     Doctors 
My therapist says 
I have a phobia 

Why does not having been to a 
Dr 
For fifteen years 
Constitute a phobia? 
Maybe it denotes 
     Common sense. 

They are 
The leading cause of 
     Death 
( I read somewhere)

So now I must 
     Go
All their tests and 
     Triangulations 
Will cost a pretty penny 
     I know 

If I live, 
I will be eating little 
     And spending less 
Not quite a bag lady 
     Yet 
( God bless them) 

They gave me pills 
For my nerves
For my fear -
Is there a pill for 
Other things ?
A pill for 
     The angst of life 
I have angst -
Always have had 
A longing for the time 
     Before -
A strong remembering 
     Of a better time -
Wondering where Krishna is 
     And Christ 
Why have we been left here 
To face 
The pins and needles 
Of life -
Alone? 

Why do we believe 
So strongly 
That we live and die 
In these flimsy bodies 

Why don't we know 
We are light
And therefore cannot be 
Cut 
Or folded or torn 

I know 
They are out to get me -
They are sharpening knives 
And swords 
As we speak 

So-
Where did I put 
Those pills they 
Gave me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment