Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Perspective

There is 
     Sitting 
In the garden

There is 
     Listening -

- Time of 
     Year -

Sounds of birds -
     Sound of distant 
          Road -

It's a new year 
     Tonight !!

This year 
       I don't feel 
          So
     Depressed
          About
          It - ? - 

Partly,
          It's you -
     The Mad
          Professor,
     The Mad
          Scientist,
 - my dear -

Partly it's been
     Counseling -

And then 
     There was
          That

Last 
     Samadhi

Offering a new 
     Perspective -

On
     Ego
          Mind . . .








2 comments:

  1. Hi leelarose. I'm checking to see if my comment gets published

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of your piece about your Mom. I had trouble figuring out how to publish my comments on your site. Too much to go into now. I wanted to thank you for your poem about your Mom. It brought back memories of my own mother. Every year at Christmas she would save the wrapping paper and smooth it out and re-use it for the next year. She was re-cycling before re-cycling became popular and a way of life. This year my Mom's purple(her favorite color) radio/Cd player that I've used since 2002 finally died. I got a new one for Christmas(yes they still sell them) and it was so much fun to just open the box and start using it without having to go online and make a password etc. etc. And I love the new color, a BRIGHT RED. A great color to take me into the new year...bold and brave and ready to try new things. I love the quiet simplicity of your work. Thank you for being a writer.

    ReplyDelete