Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Diamonds for my Truck

From one phone 
To another 
One third of those reading 
Are reading 
     -On phone-

So say 
     Statistics . . .

Who knew? 
That one day 
     So soon 
We'd be reading each other 
On moble devices

And now - "they" say
     (Those who know)
That soon 
Our cars 
Will be parking themselves
And driving too 

Mine is telling me now 
That it wants 
     An oil change 
Well -
     Can't it go get one 
     Without me? 

But could I trust it to 
     Not! Come back with 
Some fancy chrome rims 
And furry seat covers 
Which it would automatically charge
     To my account 

It could have been built 
     Into its original programming -
To upgrade itself 
     At my expense 

Not that I don't trust 
"New-fangled machines"
I'm just sayin'. . .

I'm not so old fashioned 
     But-
If diamonds are a girl's 
     Best friend,
What - could my truck 
     Think up? 




No comments:

Post a Comment