Sunday, February 8, 2015

Flying Lessons

Today being Sunday 
I went 
To the new age church
     Service
Where everything is positive !!!

Positive thinking -
     Smiling 
Being kind 
     To your mind :-)

Singing joyful songs 
Believing wonderful 
     Things 

And now 
I just want to 
     Hide 

In the cool darkness 
Of my house 
     And sulk 

Not that I'm depressed -
But last night's dance has left me 
Tired 
And I wonder -
If you'll ever pick your arms up -
Dear 

Do you know how disappointing 
That is? 
Obviously 
You don't -

I must give up 
My desire for perfect 
Form -

And content myself 
With as many turns and 
Whirls 
As I can get 
When I escape from the 
     Confines
Of your lazy 
Arms 

My last partner was 
A natural -
We could fly 
And spin 
Again and again

But he was also 
Mean 
And you are 
Kind 

And
I have learned
The difference 

I am "positive" enough 
To hope 
That we can learn 

To fly 

Together. 






No comments:

Post a Comment