Sunday, April 19, 2015

Quiet

Hey I'm trying to meditate
     Here -
Where I'm from 
     The sounds of the freeway 
Intervene 
But here 
I am startled by
The cry 
     Of wild turkeys 
     And the honking of 
          The Canadian geese 
And when they stop
The frogs are
Croaking 

I have come so far 
For 
Peace and quiet

I am startled by 
The deer who rests 
     Beneath the porch
And leaves in a huff 
As my suitcase rolls overhead 

And trees -
There are maybe a 
     Million trees 
Which no one planted 
     But God 
Which no one waters 
     But God 

There is landscape here 
     -naturally occurring-
A person would pay a lot 
To have these boulders 
     Brought 
And the stream run through 
     A giant 
Pump. 

All this -
So my mind 
Can slow down 
And stop
Awhile 

To remember 
     What 
Is truely important . . .

Is that the dinner bell 
     I hear ?

They now have 
Wifi
And I brought 
An iPad 
So 
It's not nearly 
As quiet 
As it used to 
Be 






No comments:

Post a Comment