Sunday, July 5, 2015

Nomenclature

It's so late 
I can't escape 
I've done it again 
Even though I swear 
     And swear again
I won't do this 
     Ever
Again 

The battery is running 
     Out 
The phone has had enough 
Of my poking 
     And prodding 
Of my curiosity
     And philosophying

Tomorrow will punish me 
Undoubtedly
And I will have 
No excuse 
No justification 

I will be angry with myself 
And it won't be funny -
When I struggle
To exist 
To listen 
To have patience 

The excuse of 
Living in the moment 
And 
Enjoying the expression of
Personality 
And 
Writing poetry

Will pale before
The effort of 
Holding it all 
Together 
-Among people 
(Which I'm not so good at 
Anyway)
What to say 
And 
How to say it 
When to laugh 
     Appropriately 
Maybe a little cleverness 
Thrown in 
(Don't push it - 
Just get by) 
Why I 
Do this to myself 
I still wonder 
It is my little 
Rebellion 
I suppose 
My small attempt at 
The artistic life 
I laugh 
At myself 
For such 
Nomenclature 






No comments:

Post a Comment