Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday

This ground squirrel
Wants my sandwich
     Very bad -
I've got my chair 
     And fresh air 
A view of ocean waves and 
     Surfers too 

Rain !
Is that a drop of 
Rain 
In the midst of the drought -

THEY 
Want to build more 
Houses here
THEY are from 
LA !
How will more building
Help
With the drought? 
THEY are not being 
Helpful 
As usual . . .

So now we have some remnants
Of a hurricane from "south"
I see lightening strike 
Out 
Over the ocean
It comes straight down
In a jagged way
Wouldn't want to be 
Out on a boat 
With a metal mast 
Today 

I hear thunder as 
I get home 
The Gods are playing 
Nine pins 
     They say 
The neighbors and their 
Partying don't seem to be 
     Dampened
But all their motorcycles 
Parked in the street 
Will be wet -
Some small compensation 
For the noise 
Which will probably
Continue into 
The night 
Tonight

I'm sure the 
Ground squirrel
Is safe 
Underground 
Around the boulders hauled 
From somewhere 
To hold back 
The sea 
And to provide 
A cozy place 
For my chair 
     And me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment