Monday, July 25, 2016

Suspicion

A visit from 
An old friend 
Brings up 
Memories 
Of 
What I could have 
Done -
Better 
Or worse 
Or 
Not at all 

Boundaries
And 
Freedom 

One must have 
Some of 
Each 

Can't be skatin'
All over 
     The place 
Must have 
A solid center 
Some confidence 
And direction 

Question is -
Where does one go 
To get those ?
Is there a store -
The Walmart of those -

Can we buy 
     Online 
And wait with curious 
     Anticipation 
For delivery 

Knowing 
All the while 
That the bill will be coming 
In the mail 
And 
We will surely 
Have to pay 

With interest and 
Penalties
Undoubtedly 

But - 
To end on a higher 
Note 

I search 
My brain . . .

I have at least learned 
to be 
Suspicious of 
The " karma delivery guy" 
-ask questions 
- take notes 
- and keep a file 
On everything 

So now I have 
Too many files -

But ending on a 
"higher note"
Must include the fact 
That 
I have at least 
Developed 
Some 
Suspicion 
Of worldly promises 
And omissions 



No comments:

Post a Comment