Wednesday, October 17, 2012

home again

back home
from the long
trip
giving thanks
there were no
-major problems-

greeted by the furry cat
-his winter coat is coming in-
he naps beside me
-but always wants out
     at night-
(the bells I hung
on the door
for him to ring --
may not have been
the absolute
Best Idea...)

the fish are fine
they circle around
-probably glad that
whoever drops the food in-
is doing so again
-vacation food block
doesn't look maybe
so appetizing
or is it me
who thinks
that they
can differentiate me
from a raccoon

the Bills are there
arraigned like a trap
upon the floor
They will jump up
and attack
     my bank account
-as so many things also
are wont to do

I try to preserve
the silence
of the retreat
     Not calling
     you
     The one
     who never has anything
     nice
     to say
Maybe you
will
go
away

I ran outta here
crazy to escape
from problems
and from mind
which I did
with great
expertise
so
tonight
there is
a
"woman's meeting"
(at church)
after a week
of near-silence
will I
crack
and
break
????




No comments:

Post a Comment