Wednesday, October 17, 2012

oh flagman, flagman

oh flagman,
     flagman
don't flag me

let me go upon
     my journey

But while I sit and wait
I see by the roadside
The green tumbleweed
The golden grass-like stuff
and sage-y green

Which-
without you,
noble flagman,
This I-
never would
have seen

Now we get to go
and crawl along
Led by the lead car
     with the flashing light

today the flagman
     is a flagwoman!

See how far
     we've come
From "Virginia Slims"
to this

and I can watch
the hills roll by
at 15 miles per hour

all the way up
this long hill

What is up
with you people-
repairing
a place
That looked
perfectly good
to me
-last time through
(six days ago)
maybe there was
nothing
better to do

so now
we move

-passing the other side
waiting
-it must be a mile
of cars and big-big trucks
up hill
down hill
and all
around hill

good to be
back home
after a drive
like that !

-and greeted by
the fuzzy cat


No comments:

Post a Comment