Thursday, November 29, 2012

Waiting For the END OF THE WORLD!!!!!

Waiting for the end of the World
     while living in the motor home 

--the thing that bugs me
     is the whining...

no place
to take a shower
     can I use yours?

I worked all my life
for this shower
two jobs
sometimes three
-years of doing nothing
     but paying for
The American Dream

Was I wrong?
The tiles have fallen
     in that shower
One can see boards
     and lathe and plaster
That one
     is not supposed
     to see

One's Victorian ancestors
would be aghast...

One's X said "HE"
     would fix it
-and so many
      other things-


And what will you do
     if the world does not End
on dec. 21, 2012?

Less than a month
     to decide

My house will
     still be old
and so will I

Many of my friends
say
what a relief it will be-

nothing more to worry about
by 2013

Waiting for the End of the World
It never was ours
anyway

when one watches
"scientific"
things on TV
It can be seen
that the next meteor
or super volcano
or sun storm
will render all our
machinations mute

maybe the motor home
makes more sense
     after all
than
the
30 year
mortgage

while waiting
for the end of the world

 








No comments:

Post a Comment