Saturday, February 15, 2014

to be here

i challenge myself 
to change my attitude 

it must be positive 
from now on 
(so they say)

Pollyanna 
and I-
we will make 
such a pair- 

we will not dwell on 
current events...
nothing in the news 
will scare us! 

stalking x's-
drilling dentists-
none of these 
will daunt us

we will be so positive 
that nothing 
will stick 
to us 

we will sway 
we will circle 
we will float 
we will fly

who am I 
trying to kid, here 
no! I mean it!
This time I mean it!

Whether or not 
I can think myself 
a million dollars 

I much prefer 
thinking that the best of things
must be 
"just around the corner"

Better yet,
they say, 
is not to think 
much at all 

but to be 
here 
in the now 
in the space 
between 
the reality 
and 
the dream

just think, 
this space 
is free 

it is ours 
for the asking 

it has clarity 
it has peace 

it has that blissful 
space 

better even than being 
positive 

is to be here 
where we happen 
to be   




No comments:

Post a Comment